The HydroSense 2410 Hydrocarbon Analyser combines three unique designs from Arjay Engineering. The sensing chamber contributes a continuous controlled water sample while the optical sensor package hovers above the passing stream. The Arjay controller then monitors the multiple signals to provide a reliable ppm hydrocarb concentration output.
By using a the same, tried and tested UV fluorescence technique you see being used by the HydroSense 3410 and HydroSense 3420, Arjay Engineering HydroSense 2410 Hydrocarbon Analyser is able to target the aromatic rings of hydrocarbons with UV light, exciting these particles and making the fluoresce. After an on-site calibration (to target your specific hydrocarbons), Arjay's HydroSense 2410 Hydrocarbon Analyser is able to measure this fluorescence effect and determine a relative concentration of hydrocarbons.
A continuous sample flow is tapped or pumped off the process line and directed through the HydroSense chamber. It passes behind the non-contacting UV light source and is targeted with filtered light energy. The soluble and emulsified oils in the water will excite from this light energy and fluoresce light energy back out of the water at a signature wavelength. The intensity of light energy at this wavelength is measured to provide an indication of the ppm concentration.
The performance is based on the site calibration to a known hydrocarbon concentration in stable background water. Changes in hydrocarbon make-up and background stability may affect the output. Through a simple calibration, this unit correlates well with laboratory ISO and EPA methods
• non-contacting optics minimizes maintenance on the 2410 Hydrocarbon Analyser
• compensation for temperature and lamp degradation minimizes re-calibration requirements
• alarm warns of impending lamp replacement
• long life lamp expectancy of 18 months
• continuous on-line monitoring reads the water 50 times/second with an averaged display update every one second
• no consumables or chemical used
• sample flow gravity outfalls to drain
• designed for harsh environments with a 316 SS housing
• no tools necessary for routine maintenance or lamp replacement
• the flow or power does not require to be turned off during routine maintenance