The HydroSense 3420 Oil in Water Monitor by Arjay Engineering offers a low cost approach to monitoring ppm concentrations of emulsified free oils in clean water. Using a light scatter techniques (outlined below in a video), the HydroSense 3420 Oil in Water Monitor is able to determine the concentration of emulsified oils in water down to ±1ppm.
A slip stream approach directs a continuous sample flow through the HydroSense unit and back into the process stream. While it passes through the sample cell a controlled light source is directed into the water. The emulsified oils in the water will scatter the light toward the light sensors placed strategically around the cell. The intensity of light energy is measured to provide an indication of the ppm concentration.
The affordable price and high accuracy make the HydroSense 3420 an extremely popular unit for measuring oil in water monitor and is an ideal solution for monitoring petroleum, synthetic and vegetable oils in water.
HydroSense 3420 Oil in Water Monitor Features and Benefits:
• ultrasonic disc generates a continuous cleaning action within the sample cell to reduce maintenance frequency
• compensation for temperature and lamp deterioration minimizes re-calibration requirements
• long life lamp
• desiccant chamber keeps electronics dry in humid conditions
• continuous display updates every one second
• no consumables or chemical used
• sample flow returns to the process
• sample cell can be exchanged with prepared samples for easy testing and calibration
• no tools necessary for routine maintenance